Sunday, July 26, 2015

Building Frostgrave: Week 8


More of the Same: This week was all about the building details.  Detail, undercoat, airbrush, repeat!  By now all my buildings have been detailed which is great.  Below you can see the inn ready to have it's roof modeled on and be primed dark brown.



The inn was one of 8 buildings that got detail work completed this week and it feels good to get that part done with.  I put together roughly 3 buildings at a time and then undercoated them dark brown.  We had some nice weather this week so it wasn't a problem for me to spray them and leave them outside for awhile to dry.



They then came back into the basement where I airbrushed the roofs and siding.  At this point all but two buildings have completed this process.  The Inn and the Companion Hall have been detailed and are awaiting a time for me to undercoat them.  The Companion Hall was a bit tricky to get the roofing materials to look right, but I think it came out looking ok.


I did run into one problem where my metal ruler went missing.  I'm 99% sure Maddy had something to do with that...  

For Sale:  Lastly, since it was a bit monotonous going through all those buildings, I decided to take a break and make some market stalls.  I have a set of Warlord Game's produce set that I'll paint up and place in them to make the city look a little more "lived in."  


Next week I hope to create a few more little pieces of scatter terrain to liven up the board a bit and give the game some cover between the buildings.  But right now I have to finish two large buildings and paint the trim, doors, and windows of the majority of the houses.

Next up an action shot of the WIP board.


And finally a shot of the board where it stands at week 8 followed by a shot of where I drew inspiration from - Whiterun,


No comments:

Post a Comment