Monday, July 20, 2015

Building Frostgrave: Week 4


Walls:  Now that my board was covered in snow, the next process was to make the place look livable.  This was going to require a lot of buildings.  Part of that was the wall structure that separates the two halfs of Whiterun.  I already built the turrets and the walls the previous week.  I then had to paint them.  I had initially carved out a spot for a door and placed some balsa wood to into the turrets to represent the door.  (I had made a conscious effort not to make structures that you can go inside as most games we have played used buildings as line of sight blocking terrain.) I once again added a double coat of watered down black paint.


With the walls dried I went about dry brushing them grey followed by a very light dry brush of white to highlight the edges.  

Houses: I then went on to make houses.  I kept the floor plan very simple and cut out basic 4"x4" structures out of foamboard.  I hot glue gunned them together and very quickly I had the basic structure of a building.  I should have used a different color foamboard as the structures blend in with the white snow.  Not great for photography, but white foamboard is a lot easier on the wallet.  Besides, they would be painted soon anyway!



Seven total buildings and some walls.  So far so good!  I decided to start taking action shots to end my email to my friends.  So I'll do the same here as well!

'

You can barely make out the little fire wizard in the distance!

No comments:

Post a Comment