Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Warband Roster Update

Game 2 is tomorrow night, so it's best if I get the roster prepped ahead of time.
Tomorrow night's game will be The Worm Hunts (a.k.a. Tremors/Graboids!)
Since I can't hire Burt Gummer, I'll need to figure out how else to spend the cash from game 1.
Let's walk through the end phase and see how that pans out.

Sub-phase - Naming
The summoner needs a name!  Let's get completely unoriginal and call her Rydia.

Leveling
First off, leveling my wizard.  She had 270 XP at the end of game 1, so she gets 2 levels.
Each 100 points converts to a level, so now she's Level 2 and has 70 XP.
With each level, she can improve a stat, improve a spell, or learn a new spell.
I really like Summon Demon and I have some cool models for it, so I'll improve its casting by 1 with my first level.
Rydia's also showing a penchant for getting up close and personal, so I'll give her +1 Fight.

Counting Treasure
We did this last week right after the game and I ended up with the following:

  • 390 gc
  • Boots of Speed (+1 Move for wearer)
  • Grimoire of Plane Walk
  • Grimoire of Mond Control

Spending Treasure
Well, we know that Infantryman Hendrick was killed in action last game.  Was that his name?  I don't know; they say not to keep track of hired help that way.
I keep thinking it would be wise to invest in an apothecary early on, so let's try that for 100gc
That leaves 290 and I really think I need some more muscle in the warband, so I'll drop my hound and put a knight on the payroll for another 100 gc.
No sense running out the coffers so I'll stop and bankroll the remaining 190 gc.

Establishing a Base
What a great mechanic.  I have Reveal Secret, which should help the warband progress more quickly, at least financially, so I'll decide to live in a tower.  That'll provide a bonus to the Reveal Secret casting roll and give a better chance of an extra treasure chest being near my board edge.

Base Resources
I really want to save up for a crystal ball, which is the perfect accessory for a wizard's tower, but it seems sensible to at least invest 5 gc in carrier pigeons early in the campaign.  We've got enough games ahead of us where they could make back their money.

So who gets the Boots of Speed?
For now I suppose I'll hand them off to Rydia so she can more easily move between troops to get the 3" command radius going.  Giving them to a treasure hunter later could be tempting, though.

The Warband

  • Level 2 Summoner
  • Apprentice
  • Knight
  • Thug
  • Thug
  • Ranger
  • Apothecary
  • Archer
  • Thief
  • Thief

With any luck, they won't all get eaten by graboids.

No comments:

Post a Comment