Saturday, September 5, 2015

Frostgrave Second Board

I am continuing my love/hate relationship with my second board for Frostgrave.  Last week I wasn't feeling it, but I have stuck with it and now I am back to liking it again.  The gray dry brush for the stone tile was looking very streaky, so I took out my airbrush and went over each section with another coat of gray.  This was followed up by an edge highlight of white around each tile.  I feel this really makes the floor pop a bit more.

As we were playing our week one game, my friends on the board were calling one of the wall sections I had quickly made up to block line of sigh the aqueduct.  That got me to thinking that I need an elevated aqueduct for the board!  I picked up some cake column pieces from the craft store, cut up some foamboard and foam insulation and knocked out a 4' aqueduct.


 In our second game of Frostgrave the aqueduct looked good, however from a gaming perspective it did make looking at the board a little more challenging.  Especially when my opponent pointed out I ran right past a piece of treasure underneath the aqueduct.  He was convinced it was my "fools gold" spell.  The only fool was me for forgetting about it...


Next up was to add some color to the board.  James has been turning out some excellent molds and gifting me some to use for our games.  So I put a few together.


I airbrushed the planters up quickly and rummaged through my collection of assorted left over plants to create some planters for our game.


I'm just going to pretend that all the snow has melted and these are early growing spring plants...

Here is an action shot of the planters.  You can see that my barbarian is a bit blurry in this picture.  I'm pretty sure that is because he is a ghost due to the fact he has died in both games costing me 200 big ones each time.

 
Our next game we will be playing the haunted houses scenario so we need a few small huts to play in.  I knocked out 6 3" huts and will have to paint them up some time this weekend.




1 comment: