Monday, November 23, 2015

Ghar Assault Squad

My gaming ADD must be kicking in.  Zombies for Zombicide, Infinity, Bolt Action, Frostgrave and now Beyond the Gates of Antares?!  I guess the good thing is they all offer something different.

I have to admit I really like these models.  They went together really well and with the ball socket joints I was able to re-position them to look how I wanted them to.

I cut this guys crab claw from its 90 degree angel and tried to re-position it to make it look like he was pointing instead.  The angle looks a bit funny on him, but I think he will do just fine.  It also looks like he kind of just landed from a jump.


I really like the airbrush for the glowy parts to this guy.  It really helped with the energy feel on his plasma reactor and the energy from his orange hand cannon looks decent.

I cut this guys crab claw apart and widened it a bit to to give the effect that he was about to snap someone in two.  With only one test game under their belt they never got into combat to use it.  Maybe now that they are painted they will perform better?
Of course I can only hope.  Last game one had his plasma reactor blow from a lucky shot causing his buddy's plasma reactor to overheat and blow sky high.  Then the remaining soldier fled.  Another warrior for the outcasts I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment