Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Making Weathertop



The next big Frostgrave project is a Hirst Arts' Ruined Tower.  If you check out the finished version at HirstArts.com, it's got a few wraiths and a couple of hobbits hanging out on it, so yeah, it's Weathertop.

Here are a couple shots from last night's foundation-laying. HisrtArts provides a nice set of building plans, and I'm regretting that I didn't check to see if the printer was set to 'Fit' or 'Actual Size' because the tiles were a little bigger than the plan.

But hey, this is just my first crack at it, and I've got PLENTY of plaster to make another one whenever.  It's looking fine anyway, and I'm psyched to keep picking away at it.



The printed floorplan


The first round of blocks, placed using tacky glue.  The base material is a Life cereal box.  The fam wasn't too thrilled about this, since the box was over half full.  Guess what I had for breakfast.  And second breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment