Saturday, August 29, 2015

Board Version 2


On average our group has 4 people playing games.  Since we started Frostgrave I didn't have a decent second board to play a fantasy game on.  My first board was of a small village, I figured I'd make this more of a "dungeony" type of board.

We played using this board Thursday night, however it was nowhere near what I would be happy calling finished.  See last post by James to see some action shots.  After the game the next day I added some white around each tile to highlight the stone work.  This helped in my opinion to make the board a little less drab.


I also finished coating the sewer water (which was pointed out to me looked incredibly drinkable - I guess a 1000 years being frozen will be enough time to get rid of every type of pollutant!).  This took about 4-5 coats of Minwax, and I am happy with the look.



 I also wanted to make it a bit easier to get around the culverts.  I added about 4 wooden planks that our soldiers can cross.  This also helped to add some color to the board as well.  I can't wait to get into a fight and push someone in!



Here is a close up of my barbarian daring you to cross.  He sadly suffered a mortal wound the other night to a lowly elf infantryman.  That elf was sliced through 3 of my soldiers before I could take him down!  But I digress.



Lastly I added some staples on the interior walls of the culvert so people can climb out easier if they happen to be in the right spot.  



As I was working on this board last night I came up with a great idea for an even better dungeon board.  I think it will have to wait.  Maybe next summer when the expansion for into the Breeding Pits comes out for Frostgrave!

No comments:

Post a Comment