Friday, October 30, 2015

Volstrum


I purchased a last levy box set from Warlord as I just love the characterful models.  I decided to put them into 3 batches.  Two Volkstrum batches to paint and a Hitler Youth squad.  I painted up the first batch of 6 just to realize I had a kid in the mix.  Apparently he jumped into the citizen levy when I wasn't looking.  That is what happens when you don't turn on lights in the basement to move to your painting table.  He'll get moved over when I paint up the rest of his unit.
 

Below my valiant defenders of the fatherland are taking cover in the sandbags outside of the city.  Move those panzerfaust into position!

I can't resist a black and white picture for this time period.  I just like the guy in the hat too.  I might make him my squad leader.  

Even old carts are being used to defend themselves from the Red Army.  It looks like Germany is in dire straights.



No comments:

Post a Comment