Sunday, October 11, 2015

Stug Time!

I had assembled the plastic Stug from Warlord awhile ago but I never got around to painting it due to Frostgrave and work.  With the wrapping up of our Frostgrave campaign for 2-3 months to allow us to read the Litch Lord campaign and assemble terrain we may need,  I moved my attention to long neglected models on my paint desk.


I forget how quickly a model paints up with an airbrush.  Once the model had its base colors on the detail work progressed fairly quickly.


A little glamour shot on the outskirt of the woods.


Why not a little soft focus as well.

I have this tank built as a Stug 42 as I desperately need the howitzer help in my army.  I also have the other barrel painted up so it would be a quick fix to allow it to go tank hunting in the future as well.  As the rules are written there isn't much of a point difference between the Stug and the panzer, and I enjoy the turret option a lot better.  Sometimes I would rather risk a side shot against my tank than take a negative penalty to shoot! Regardless I wanted the tank for its iconic value in the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment