Monday, January 18, 2010

New post, new figs, new baby

It's hard to believe this hasn't been touched for five months! In that time we've gotten our hands on some gorgeous copies of Black Powder and I've got a new 1:1 scale baby girl - prepainted! Black Powder looks like it's going to be the de facto horse and musket ruleset.

There should be a fair amount of ECW action coming along shortly as well. (Technically there are horses and muskets involved, so I'm posting it here!)
Santa Wife came through with a copy of Rick Priestly's 1644 rule set for Christmas. That led me down the path of purchasing Wargames Foundry's Scots Covenanter army deal. I have to say, when DHL showed up with a complete metal army in a box I considered purchasing a forklift before my next purchase. Plastic's nice, but heavy metal's where it's at. \m/

As far as the ECW Scots are concerned, some of the standalone figures like the artillery crew and sniper are all cleaned and based.
The first compulsory unit of 12/12 pike and shot have just come out of a 5:1 mix of water:degreaser. (It's a little extra work but it takes the mould residue off; the paint sticks a lot better afterwards.) They're drying on the counter and I hope to get them based later today on GF9's 20mm econobases.

No comments:

Post a Comment